Some quick randoms for a Wednesday…
- Summer is really still in full swing and we should have a good six weeks of summer fun left before we think about pumpkins and all things Fall…but no…the odious Back to School displays are already in our faces and forcing us to feel like we have to hurry up and cram in all the popsicles and trips to the pool.
Don’t let the hype steal your joy! We have plenty of summer left…just take a deep breath and enjoy every lovely, hot, humid second of it!
- Why do waiting rooms insist on having a television going? Is it possible we have reached a place where we can’t sit and entertain ourselves quietly for five to fifteen minutes?? It’s not like everyone isn’t on their phone as well … and making comments amongst the group about what is being said on the show blaring over our heads.
- Can you tell I have to go to two waiting rooms this morning and I am already having to apply Lavender and Serenity oils in liberal doses just thinking about it?
- In my Sheila Walsh study, The Storm Inside, she had this great quote…”Your level of disappointment will equal the amount of hope you have invested in something .” So obvious, but impacting to have someone say it. Proverbs 13:12 puts it like this: Hope deferred makes the heart sick. I look at my biggest disappointments and realize not only did I lose something tangible, I lost all the expectations around the thing, person, event, dream. So to apply truth to that, I am praying to learn to separate myself emotionally from the expectations I had placed on the thing I lost and just grieve the actual loss.
- I am preparing myself to do another VBS week here on the blog…I certainly enjoyed it last year and from responses, I think there were a few of you kids-at-heart that had fun at camp …so stay tuned.
- BONUS….I left the numbers just the way they are because seriously!!! You would think I could figure out how to number and space things on this site!
- Maybe I can ask the folks in the waiting room when Hoda and Kathi Lee go to commercial break…
- Be blessed and have a great Wednesday!!!