Man’s great achievement and worst nightmare.
I have a post I wanted to share but my IOS updated last night and now everything is running at the speed of a turtle.
So for today, I am sharing this little piece of advice I keep by my desk and try to follow on the daily…
Based on 1 Corinthians 13
God pours His love into us and His love is like this:
- Love is patient and kind
- Love is not envious
- Love does not show off
- Love is not full of pride
- Love is not rude
- Love is not selfish
- Love is not easily annoyed
- Loved is not being annoying
- Love doesn’t think badly of others
- Love does not celebrate someone else’s suffering
- Love looks after the well being of others
It has been suggested that we plug in our own name into the Love Is verses of 1 Corinthians 13 so…
God has poured His love into Laura and His love helps me:
- Laura is patient and kind
- Laura is not envious
- Laura does not show off
- Laura is not full of pride
- Laura is not rude
- Laura is not selfish
- Laura is not easily annoyed
- Laura is not annoying
- Laura doesn’t think badly of others
- Laura does not celebrate someone else’s suffering
- Laura looks after the well being of others
If you plug your name in and kind of cringe at a few of those, welcome to the family of mankind.
Look at it as a declaration.
Read them as a challenge to yourself and to remind yourself what it looks like to love like God loves.
And if you think you never would ever celebrate someone else’s suffering, think about the times you have thought someone got what was coming to them…just saying.
Something to aspire to and now it’s off to deal with the new IOS…I shall need to read through that list again a time or two in the process <3