The wisdom of wisdom
I started a 40 day prayer circle (as in The Circle Maker/Mark Batterson) last August. For Lent, I pulled the small notebook I used to journal Scripture and prayers for that season out and have been visiting that prayer journey.
It’s pretty fancy….
And slightly complicated….
But I think you can probably figure it out….
One of the nuggets of wisdom God laid on my heart to teach me how to pray comes from September 13th entry….Day 22.
I made a list of statements based on the passages found in Proverbs chapters 1 – 3. Because the circle of prayer I draw is around our family and around those I love, these statements lead me in my prayers, giving me God’s perspective on what He wants for each of us.
1. God, complete us all.
2. To join the company of good men and women.
3. To raise up divine appointments and interrupt the plans that would destroy us.
4. To earn a reputation for living well in God’s eyes and in the eyes of the people.
5. Hold tight to God’s wisdom.
6. Guard clear thinking and common sense with your life; don’t for a minute lose sight of them.
7. Keep vigilant watch over your heart; that’s where life starts.
Simple prayers based on solid wisdom.
It matters. Much is at stake.
There is a generation following us. Are we leading them to follow Him?